Waffles are an amazing breakfast – or snack if you’re so inclined. We love Vegan Waffles – we often add in blueberries, raspberries or apples. For this recipe we’ve gone for banana’s. You can leave them out if you like and just have plain Vegan Waffles.
Drizzled with Maple Syrup they are delicious. Some in our house add chocolate chips…but I have to admit I stick to fruit (and occasionally whipped cream!)
- 1 1/4 cup Self Raising Four
- 2 tbsp Fine Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Melted Vegan Margarine
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon You can leave this out if you like
- 1/2 Ripe Banana - Mushed up
- 1 Cup Dairy Free Milk
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Plug in your waffle iron, and spray with non-stick oil
- Add the Cider Vinegar and Ground Flax to the Milk and leave to one side
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, baking powder until combined. Then add in the mashed banana
- Add the melted margarine and vanilla to the milk. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- I use about 3/4 cup batter for each waffle. Pour onto the waffle iron surface, close, and cook for 3 minutes. Remove carefully.
- Pop any fruit you want on top, drizzle with Maple Syrup and enjoy.
If you fancy pancakes – here’s our Vegan Pancake Recipe.