These are gorgeous Vegan Triple Sec Chocolate Truffles…really perfect with coffee after dinner (or scoffed as soon as the chocolate on the outside is hard..ahem). Chocolate and orange is one of those classic mixes that just keeps giving.
Free From: Dairy, Soya, Egg, Gluten
Vegan Triple Sec Truffles
- March 22, 2019
- Print this
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 6 tablespoons Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp Orange Blossom Water (or Orange Extract)
- 1tbs Triple Sec
- For the Topping
- With a sharp knife peel an orange getting as little of the white pith as possible. Cut about half of the peel into thin strips.
- Add the peel with 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of golden syrup to a small pan and heat. Stir as the mixture bubbles until the peel is covered in a lovely sugary coating. Spread out on greaseproof paper to cool for later.
- For the Coating
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- Step 1
- Grab a pot, and fill about 1/4 full with water. Pop on a medium heat and put a metal bowl on top. Into the bowl add the chocolate (broken into small pieces), the cream, the Orange Blossom water. Melt slowly stirring once in a while. When the chocolate is melted add in the Triple Sec. Set aside to cool. You can pop it in the refrigerator for a bit if you like.
- Step 2
- Once the mixture has solidified a bit you can make your truffles. Take a teaspoon size chunk of the mixture and roll into a ball quickly with your hands. You will end up with very chocolatey hands but that’s life for you!.
- Step 3
- Put the rolled truffles to one side on a plate and keep going until you have used all the mixture.
- Step 4
- Now put the pot back on the stove, make sure you’ve still got a decent amount of water in the pot, and pop the bowl on top again. Melt the 100g of Dark Chocolate in the bowl and let it cool a bit before dipping your truffles.
- Step 5
- Once melted it’s time to dip. Put a truffle on your fork and lower it into the chocolate and use a spoon to pour chocolate over the truffle. Tap the fork to get rid of extra chocolate. This helps keep the shape. Have a tray lined with greaseproof paper ready and using a toothpick push the truffle off the fork (only push at the bottom on the truffle so you don’t disturb the chocolate).
- Step 6
- Once the truffle is on the paper decorate with some peel before the chocolate hardens.
- Step 7
- Repeat until finished. Eat within 3 or 4 days.
If you fancy some fruity vegan truffles just look here: