Christmas spices and raisin – now honestly we eat this any time of year but at Christmas it’s that great combination of traditional spices. This Vegan Spiced Raisin Cake is lovely – super moist with a tonne of raisins and some dried cranberries as well. If it’s summer, just use all raisins if you prefer!.
This recipe is based on one given to us by my sister in law, Wendy. Molly loved it when we visited in Canada so she kindly sent us the recipe.
If you’re interested in other cakes that are good at Christmas try our Vegan Orange Bundt cake with Triple Sec.
Vegan Spiced Raisin Cake
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Cranberries
- 1 cup Dairy Free Milk
- 1 cup Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ cups Plain Flour
- 6 tbsp Melted Dairy Free Margarine
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Ground Allspice
- Preheat oven to 350°C 170°C and line an 8 inch cake tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the margarine (I just zap in the microwave)
- Mix the flour, brown sugar and baking powder together. Add the spices and mix in the raisins and cranberries. Add in the Apple Cider Vinegar and mix.
- Mix in the melted margarine and milk to the dry ingredients and mix until you've a nice smooth batter.
- Pour into your prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, or the cake has shrunk from the edged and bounces back when you tap the top.
- Cool and sprinkle with sifted icing sugar.