This is a lovely Vegan Pasta Sauce – packed with flavour from roasted Red Peppers and Aubergine – the real star is marinated Vegan Feta. Just mix the Vegan Feta with olive oil and Paprika and leave to one side. Its then marvellous when added to the sauce at the last minute and allowed to melt a bit.
I serve it with Spaghetti, but do feel free to use whatever pasta you prefer. Vegan Feta is really pretty good, although if you can have Dairy then it’s a cheaper option. Violife do one, but I think the Fetamorphosis Marinated Vegan Feta is better (but expensive).
Roast Pepper and Aubergine Pasta
- 4 Red Peppers, Deseeded and quartered
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Small Aubergine
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Vodka
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 Cup Dairy Free Cream - we use Oatley
- Spaghetti 60g per person
Marinated Vegan Feta
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 100g Vegan Feta
- Cut up the Feta into cubes and mix with the Paprika, Chilli and Olive Oil. Put to one side to marinate
- Preheat your oven to 400°F, 200°C
- Cut the Tomatoes in half, cut the Peppers in quarters, deseed and take the stalks off. Put a bit of olive oil in a roasting pan and put in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the Pepper skins are blistered and black, and the Tomatoes charred and soft.
- Allow to cool, peel the skin off the Peppers. Put the Tomatoes and Peppers into a food processor and puree.
- Cut the Aubergine into cubes, toss in a bit of olive oil, and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Fry the onion in a bit of oil, add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the Pepper and Tomato mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the stock, vodka, and cream and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer. Add in the Roasted Aubergine.
- Cook your pasta - I like Spaghetti but use what you want.
- Just before you drain the pasta, add the marinated Feta to the sauce, cover, and allow the Feta to melt around the edges.
- Drain the pasta, and spoon the sauce on top.
If you’re after some other dairy and egg free pasta recipes take a look below: