Cheesecake is my absolute favourite dessert, and this is a lovely recipe. You can top it with any fruit you like – we like a tart topping so Raspberries are perfect. This is a no bake cheesecake as I find the vegan cream cheese sort of melt when they are in the oven. Do give it time to set, a good few hours in the fridge. It’s quite a quick recipe and pretty simple too.
Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake
- 2 cups Crushed Digestive Biscuits
- 4 tbsp Melted Vegan Margarine I use Vitalite or Pure
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 tubs Violife Cream Cheese 500 G Vegan Cream Cheese of your choice
- 1/2 cup Plain Coconut Yoghurt Or any plain vegan yoghurt you like
- Zest 1 Lemon
- Juice 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste Use extract if that's what you have
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 350 grm Raspberries
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla For the Raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 180°C 360°F. Take a spring form pan and grease the sides. Line the base with parchment paper.
- Take the Digestives and the Brown sugar and whizz in a food processor until the cookies form a fine crumb. Add in the melted margarine and stir to combine. Press into the prepared tin, and pop in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes take it out and allow it to cool.
- Add the vegan cream cheese and vegan yoghurt to a mixer and mix until it's fluffy. Slowly add the caster sugar while keeping the mixer going. Once the sugar is incorporated, add in the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and Xanthan Gum.
- Pour the filling onto the cooled base and put in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours to set.
- Put the Raspberries, caster sugar, vanilla (1 tsp) into a pot. Add the corn flour to the water and whisk. Add it to the Raspberries and cook on a low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the colour changes to a pleasing red and the mixture firms up. Taste and add more sugar if you like. Cool completely.
- Once the cheesecake has set, spread the cooled Raspberries on top and chill for an hour.
If you fancy a Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake check out our recipe here!