I’ve seen Quesadilla in restaurants but they’ve always been made with dairy so they were a no go for us. So it was time to give it a try ourselves. Now this isn’t a healthy dish at all, the flour tortillas are stuffed with dairy free cheese and other goodies and then fried. These Vegan Quesadilla are delicious, quick and easy to do but you’ll need something healthy to eat for dinner!
We love adding in some Oatly Creme Fraiche with a squeeze of lime for dipping!
If you fancy a meaty filling than check out our pulled pork recipe – perfect with cheese in a Quesadilla! You can also do Dairy Free Pesto, Mushrooms and Cheese, or grilled peppers, cheese and grilled courgette – there are lots of combinations that work. I always thought the flipping would be tricky, but as the cheese melts and the two tortillas stick together it’s not hard at all. Just make sure you use a decent size fish slice to flip.
- August 22, 2020
- Print this
- 2 Flour Tortillas per Quesadilla
- 1/4 cup grated vegan cheese - we use Violife
- 1/2 ripe avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp dairy free margarine
- Step 1
- On a plate lay out one Tortilla
- Step 2
- Place the mushrooms and avocado on the tortilla and spread them out evenly
- Step 3
- Sprinkle with cheese and put the other Tortilla on top
- Step 4
- Melt 1 tbsp of dairy free margarine in a hot frying pan
- Step 5
- Add the Quesadilla and fry for a about 2 minutes until golden, then add the other tablespoon of dairy free margarine, and flip the Quesadilla. Fry on the other side for another couple of minutes until golden
- Step 6
- We find a pizza slice is the best way to cut up a Quesadilla