These are a great Autumn scone, packed with Pumpkin and Autumn spices. Simple to make, great to eat! The kitchen fills with the aroma of these lovely spices while they bake – enjoy as they are, or toast them if you prefer.
Vegan Pumpkin Scones
- 2 Cups Self Rising Flour
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Trex Just use Vegan Butter if you don't have Trex
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Butter
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Cup Diary Free Milk - we like Oatley
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 3 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Demerara Sugars To sprinkle on top
- Preheat your oven to 200°C 400°F
- Mix the spices, baking soda, baking powder, salt, brown sugar and flour together
- Cut in the Vegan Butter and Trex. Use two knives, or a pastry cutter. You will end up with a crumb like texture.
- Mix the Pumpkin Puree, Dairy Free Milk and Vanilla together.
- Add the Pumpkin Puree mixture to the flour mixture and combine. Turn out onto a floured board and kneed for a moment or two to bring the dough together.
- Form into a circle about an inch thick and either cut into 8 pieces (like a pizza) or use a circular cookie cutter to make the scones (about 8). Sprinkle with the Demerara Sugar.
- Pop onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Fancy some other baking ideas? Here you go!