Soup is a great lunch or light supper. Once it’s Autumn, soup does come into it’s own – warm, hearty and spicy this Vegan Pumpkin and Wild Rice Soup really hits the spot. We love using wild, or black rice with this soup as I think white rice gets too mushy, especially when it’s reheated. If you prefer more Ginger then you can increase it to 1 1/2 tsp if you like, also you can increase and decrease the amount of vegetable stock to adjust the thickness of our Vegan Pumpkin and Wild Rice Soup. Personally I think its best when it’s thick, but feel free to make a thinner soup if you prefer. The one thing I will say is that making soup at home is very simple, and much better than spending money on store bought soups.
Vegan Pumpkin and Wild Rice Soup
- 3/4 Cup Pureed Pumpkin
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato (peeled and diced)
- 1 Cup Vegan Stock
- 1 Small Onion (diced)
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Wild Rice
- Finely dice the onion, and fry until translucent in a bit of olive oil.
- Add the spices, mix and cook for one or two minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and stock, bring to a simmer and add in the pumpkin. Stir or whisk to combine.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the sweet potato is cooked. With a hand mixer, or in a food processor and puree until the sweet potato is smooth (I use a hand mixer and leave a few lumps as I like them).
- Add the soup back into the pot, bring it to a simmer, and add the wild rice. Use brown if you prefer, but not white rice as I find it goes mushy. Simmer for 30-40 until the rice is cooked. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and serve.
Error: Contact form not found.