Love pie, and our Vegan Pastry makes a great base for a fruit pie. We like our pies tart – you can always add ice cream or whipped coconut cream if you wish. This is one of our all time favourite recipes, tart Raspberries mixed with fresh Red Currants to make the perfect Vegan Pastry Raspberry and Red Currant Pie.
Here is the link to our Vegan Pastry.
Vegan Raspberry and Red Current Pie
- One portion Vegan Pastry, do make sure you chill it before using.
- 4 1/2 Cups Fresh Raspberries
- 1 Cup Fresh Red Currents
- 1/3 Cup Plain Flour
- 2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat your oven and prepare the pie dish by dividing the pastry in two.
- Roll out half to be larger than your pie dish, fold over and gently press into the dish. Trim the edges. Roll out the other half to be ready to put over the fruit.
- Mix the fruit, flour, sugar and vanilla together and add to the dish.
- Gently cover with the other half of the pastry and seal by pinching the edges or use a fork to press down and seal the edges. Brush with non-dairy milk.
- Use a small, sharp knife to cut small slits in the top pastry and cover the edges with tin foil.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until brown and bubbling. Remove the tin foil for the last 10 minutes of baking time so the edges brown.
- Cool and serve with vanilla dairy free ice cream.