Vegan Panna Cotta is a fabulous pudding and quite simple to make. You can top your Vegan Panna Cotta with any manner of fruit compote. Just pop 1 cup of fruit in a pan with a tablespoon or 2 of sugar, a dollop of water and boil for a few minutes. Vegan Panna Cotta is a light, creamy pudding that is particularly lovely in the summer. We use Coconut milk and vegan gelatin in our recipe as I think it produces the right wobbly consistency. It is quite quick to make, although it obviously needs some chilling time in the refrigerator.
This recipe made 6 ramekins worth.
Vegan Panna Cotta
- July 13, 2020
- Print this
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 300 ml Coconut Cream
- 3 tsp Vegan gelatin
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Mango - Chopped up plus 1 tbsp sugar
- Step 1
- Prepare your ramekin dishes by brushing the sides with plain oil
- Step 2
- Empty the Coconut milk and cream into a pot and give it a good whisk
- Step 3
- Bring to a simmer and add in the gelatin
- Step 4
- Continue to simmer and stir constantly for 5-10 minutes until the mixture covers the back of a wooden spoon, and when you run a finger (!) or spoon down the back a trail is left
- Step 5
- Whisk in the vanilla and Maple Syrup and bring back to a simmer
- Step 6
- The gelatine should be fully dissolved by this stage, but I like to strain the liquid before putting into the ramekin dishes in case there are any lumps lurking
- Step 7
- Pour into the ramekin dishes and allow to cool for 30-40 minutes before putting int he fridge to set
- Step 8
- Pop the chopped Mango plus a tbsp of sugar in a pot on a low heat and warm up until the fruit becomes soft but not mush. Put to one side to cool. Any fruit would be lovely – strawberries, blueberries or raspberries (but add in another tbsp of sugar if using raspberries). Once cool put on top of the chilled panna cotta
- Step 9
- If you want to decant the panna cotta just run a knife around the edge, put a plate on top and flip over. Remove the ramekin and put the fruit on top of the panna cotta. We just eat if from the ramekin!
If you fancy Vegan Pavlova, then here is a great recipe.