Sometimes you just need a special looking cake and our Vegan Orange Bundt cake fits the bill. A Bundt tin makes for a spectacular looking dessert.
Orange is a great change from chocolate, and doesn’t need much in the way of decoration – a dusting of icing sugar should do. The syrup has a hit of triple sec in it which adds a glorious jammy texture to the cake.
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Soya, Nuts
Preheat oven to 170º, 340º
Prepare the bundt cake tin by spraying with non stick baking spray. If you don’t have that then grease and flour your tin.
Orange Bundt Cake
- February 28, 2019
- Print this
- 9 tablespoons dairy free margarine
- 1 1/3 cups caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp orange extract
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup mashed orange
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 4 tbsp Triple Sec
- Juice and zest of one orange
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Step 1
- First off you need to boil an orange for about an hour until soft. Then whizz in a food processor until you have orange mush. Save the water for the syrup.
- Step 2
- Now make the syrup by adding 1/2 of the orange water, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, zest and Triple Sec to a pan. Bring to the boil and boil for about 20 minutes or until reduced by half and thickened. Put to one side to cool.
- Step 3
- Cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, vanilla, orange extract and vinegar. Give a quick stir. Add in the orange juice and mashed orange and mix. You’ll have a thick batter.
- Step 4
- Fill the cake tin about 2/3rds full. Smooth out the top.
- Step 5
- Bake on the middle shelf for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Step 6
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then invert onto a wire rack to cool further.
- Step 7
- While still warm poke the cake with a skewer to make small holes, pour ¼ cup of the syrup over the cake to soak in. Serve the rest on the side with ice cream.
- Step 8
- You now have a wonderfully moist, flavoursome cake. Dust with icing sugar and decorate with a bit of peel if you like.
If you fancy something orange, but aren’t in the mood for cake check out our individual Vegan Pavlova’s.