Molly loves soups – and she loves Mushrooms…so a nice Vegan Mushroom Soup is a good option for lunch. So it’s a quick and easy dairy free mushroom soup today. Loads of flavour, and coconut cream to give is a bit of sweetness.
Free From: Dairy, Soya, Eggs, Gluten
Dairy Free Mushroom Soup
- March 22, 2019
- Print this
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- 500g of chopped mixed mushrooms – brown, button, closed capped, wild – whatever you have, or whatever takes your fancy.
- 160 ml coconut cream
- 160 ml Koko milk (or any non-dairy)
- 160 ml vegetable stock
- Step 1
- Briefly fry the onion in a bit of olive oil just til it gets a bit of colour
- Step 2
- Add in the garlic and the mushrooms. Add in a bit more olive oil if the mushrooms stick to the pan.
- Step 3
- Fry the mushroom until they begin to get soft.
- Step 4
- Add in all three liquids, give it a good stir and simmer for 5-7 minutes. The mushrooms should be soft after that time.
- Step 5
- Grab a hand blender and blitz the mixture until you get the desired consistency. We like it to be a bit chunky but you can make it completely smooth if you prefer. If you don’t have a hand held blender then put in in a food processor for a few pulses.
- Step 6
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Fancy some bread with the soup? Try our Vegan Soda Bread – super simple to make.