We needed a new vegan cookie in our house, and wanted marshmallows to fit into the mix. I love marshmallows, embarrassing to say. Toasted on a bonfire is best, naturally, but these vegan cookies come a close second! Add in some chocolate and its bliss – we love our Vegan Marshmallow and Chocolate Cookies. Do make sure you find Vegan Marshmallows – most are made with gelatine from animals.
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Nuts
Contains: Gluten, Soya (marshmallows)
Preheat oven to 170°C, 340°F
Vegan Marshmallow and Chocolate Cookies
- 3 Cups Plain Flour
- 3/4 Cup Dairy-Free Margarine
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Fat
- 1 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Cup Vegan Mini Marshmallows
- 2/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 tsp Egg Replacer and 6 tbsp of Water
- Cream the fats and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and coconut.
- Whisk the egg replacer with the water until frothy and add to the flour mixture.
- Using a mixer combine the flour mixture with the creamed sugar and margarine. You’ll get a thick dough.
- Stir in the chocolate drops with a wooden spoon (obviously you can use dairy-free chocolate chips) – I’m using chocolate drops as I can get them locally and I really like the dark chocolate flavour.
- Stir in the marshmallows.
- Drop a spoonful of the dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet and leave it for a slightly rustic appearance. You can roll the dough into little balls and flatten it slightly if you prefer a smoother cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until light brown.
- The marshmallows will melt on the inside, and get toasty and gooey on the top.
In the mood for something a bit citrusy? Try our Vegan Lime and Coconut Cookies.