I don’t know why a Pineapple caught my eye recently but it did. So we got it home, chopped it up and decided to start baking! So our Vegan Maple Pineapple Cupcake was born. The drizzle of maple syrup on top of the buttercream is wonderful. Soft, fruity and sweet. The perfect vegan cupcake.
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Soya
Vegan Maple Pineapple Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 2/3 Cup Caster Sugar or Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (you can use extract but the paste is nicer)
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 6 tbsp Melted Non-Dairy Margarine
- 1 Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 Mashed Up Banana
- 1/2 Cup Cut Up Fresh Pinapple
- 6 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 170°C or 350°F.
- Line your muffin tin with muffin cases.
- This is a really simple sponge - mix the flour and sugar together so it's well combined.
- Add in the melted margarine, vanilla, baking soda and cider vinegar - give it a quick stir.
- Mix in the cup of non-dairy milk and mashed banana and mix.
- With a wooden spoon mix in half the pineapple.
- Into each muffin case arrange some of the leftover pineapple on the bottom and sprinkle with some of the brown sugar. Now fill the muffin case with the batter until it's about 2/3rds full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean to make sure they are done. Now leave in the pan for 5 minutes then grab a toothpick and poke holes in the top of the cupcakes (4 or 5 will do). With a teaspoon drizzle maple syrup onto each cupcake and let it soak in. About 1/2 tsp per cupcake will do. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- I like these topped with vanilla buttercream frosting with a bit of maple syrup drizzled on the top.
It occurs to me that Dairy Free Caramel Sauce would also be nice on these…