We love ginger in our house – it pops up everywhere. These are lovely, crisp Vegan Ginger Cookies that are quite sweet and light. They take very little cooking as the batter is very fluffy so you make these quite small as the batter spreads and cooks quickly.
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Soya, Nuts
Preheat oven to 180° C, 350° F
Lightly grease a baking sheet.
Vegan Free Ginger Cookies
- September 28, 2019
- Print this
- 5 oz. plain flour – sifted
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- 4 oz. Flora Dairy Free or any dairy free margarine in little bits (I’d say cut up into pieces but dairy free margarine doesn’t do that so you really just get little lumps of margarine)
- 4 oz. light brown sugar
- 1 heaped tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 heaped tbsp Treacle (or 2 golden syrup if you don’t have treacle)
- 2 tbsp Oatly cream
- Step 1
- Sift the flour and ginger in a bowl
- Step 2
- Using your fingers rub in the butter. This means dropping it in bits into the flour and using the tips of your fingers rub the butter and flour together until combined
- Step 3
- Add the sugar and mix it in. Do make sure you don’t have any lumps in your brown sugar as once combined into the mix they are a real pain to get rid of
- Step 4
- Warm the syrup and treacle in a bowl (I microwave for 45 seconds). Whisk and then add the Oatly cream and whisk again.
- Step 5
- Now add to the dry ingredients and beat until light and fluffy
- Step 6
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Step 7
- Drop a teaspoon (yes…just a teaspoon or you will get very big cookies) of batter onto the prepared baking sheet. I can fit 8 teaspoons of batter onto my sheet – but do keep them a decent way apart as the spread.
- Step 8
- Cook for 6-8 minutes until brown around the edges. Do check them after 5 minutes as these are super thin so burn easily
If you’re in the mood for chocolate, check out these vegan chocolate cookies.