I love fudge, its such a great candy. Our other recipe creates a lovely fudge, but it’s a harder consistency. This one is softer, and easier to make. Its very quick, and you can add in nuts, raisins, or flavourings such as mint, or orange if you like.
- 3 Cups Sifted Icing Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Dairy Free Cream (I used Oatley)
- 6 tbsp Dairy Free Margarine (I used Vitalite)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- pinch Salt
- Prepare a loaf tin by lining it with greaseproof paper, making sure to leave some paper over the edges of the tin so you can easily lift out the fudge. I always put some vegan margarine on the bottom and side of the tin to make sure the paper stays in place.
- Fill a pot 2/3 of the way full with water. Put on a medium to low heat
- Mix the icing sugar and the coca together and sift into a heatproof bowl
- Add the margarine, cream, vanilla and salt to the bowl and place on the pan of hot water.
- As the margarine melts, stir the mixture continuously, the mixture will come together. Keep stirring until it's got a glossy sheen (about 5 minutes), and then pour into the prepared loaf tin.
- Chill for two hours in the fridge. Lift the fudge out, and cut into pieces. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
If you’re in the mood for chocolate truffles do check out our Vegan Truffle recipes.