I love vegan fudge, its such a great candy. Our other recipe creates a lovely dairy free fudge, but it’s a harder consistency. This vegan fudge is softer, and easier to make. Its very quick, and you can add in nuts, raisins, or flavourings such as mint, or orange if you like.
- 3 Cups Sifted Icing Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Dairy Free Cream (I used Oatley)
- 6 tbsp Dairy Free Margarine (I used Vitalite)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- pinch Salt
- Prepare a loaf tin by lining it with greaseproof paper, making sure to leave some paper over the edges of the tin so you can easily lift out the fudge. I always put some vegan margarine on the bottom and side of the tin to make sure the paper stays in place.
- Fill a pot 2/3 of the way full with water. Put on a medium to low heat
- Mix the icing sugar and the coca together and sift into a heatproof bowl
- Add the margarine, cream, vanilla and salt to the bowl and place on the pan of hot water.
- As the margarine melts, stir the mixture continuously, the mixture will come together. Keep stirring until it's got a glossy sheen (about 5 minutes), and then pour into the prepared loaf tin.
- Chill for two hours in the fridge. Lift the fudge out, and cut into pieces. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
If you’re in the mood for chocolate truffles do check out our Vegan Truffle recipes.