Vegan Easter Baking is always fun – largely because of all the chocolate that makes an appearance. So we decided to create Vegan Easter Cookie Dough Bars. One of the things that’s tricky around Easter for those with dairy allergy, or vegans, is Cadbury’s Mini Eggs. Let’s face it, they’re pretty great. Crunchy outside, milk chocolate in the middle. So we were supper happy when we found Doisy&Dam Good Eggs – vegan chocolate mini eggs with a crunchy coating. Our world is now complete. We have dairy free chocolate mini eggs with a wonderful crunchy coating. Perfect. We bought three bags to experiment with. And then went and bought more because we kept snacking on them. Eventually, when we managed to concentrate our minds…we decided that a Vegan Easter Cookie Dough Bar made with Doisy&Dam Good Eggs was the way to go.
We used quite a small baking tin for these – 8 in x 8 in – that’s why they are thick, and squidgy. If you want, you can use a slightly bigger tin and have thinner bars, but if you do that remember to reduce the baking time by 3 to 4 minutes. The other option, if you like, is to make the dough and then make cookies. Just roll a full teaspoon of dough into a ball, flatten slightly, and bake for 8-9 minutes . We added in some plain chocolate chips to the mix as well as the chocolate eggs are quite big, and we wanted little bits of dark chocolate in the bars as well.
Seeing as it’s Easter time you may be looking at vegan cupcakes as well. So, if you’re looking for a simple way to decorate a Vegan Easter Cupcake look no further! This chick decoration is simple to do, and cute as anything.
Vegan Easter Cookie Dough Bars
- March 9, 2021
- Print this
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup dairy free margarine
- 1/4 cup vegetable fat (I use Trex)
- 3/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Dairy Free Milk - I use KoKo
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Doisy&Dam Good Eggs
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 180°C 375°F and grease a 8 inch x 8 inch baking tin
- Step 2
- In a large bowl mix the flour, corn flour, baking soda, baking powder, chocolate chips and Doisy & Dom Good Eggs together. Put to one side
- Step 3
- Cream the two dairy free fats (margarine and Trex) with the Caster and Brown Sugars and Vanilla until light and creamy. If you don’t have Trex just use more margarine but the end result won’t be as chewy.
- Step 4
- With a wooden spoon carefully combine the flour with the sugar and margarine mixture. Adding in a bit of the milk as needed
- Step 5
- Press into the prepared tin and bake for 17-20 minutes until light brown on the top and still very soft in the middle. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. If you try to cut while it’s still warm the top will crack, rather than cut nicely. It’s still delicious but it will look a bit of a mess!