Ginger is one of our favourite flavours, and these Vegan Crystallised Ginger Biscuits use a combination of crystallised ginger and powdered ginger to create a lovely cookie. Soft, sweet with a hint of heat from the ginger.
Ginger is one of those Christmas flavours but we love them all year round. These are great – soft on the inside, crisp on the outside and with the great combination of sweet and a bit of heat from the ginger.
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Soya
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes per tray
Vegan Crystallised Ginger Biscuits
- 3 Cups Plain Flour
- 3/4 Cup Dairy-Free Margarine
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Fat
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Crystallised Ginger
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 Cups Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 3 tsp Orgran Egg Replacer whisked with 6 tbsp Water
- Preheat your oven to 170C 350F and grease a baking sheet.
- Chop up the Crystallised Ginger into small pieces.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pinch of salt, and ground ginger.
- Stir in the chopped ginger.
- Whisk the egg replacer and water until frothy, and add to the flour mixture.
- Cream the margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in the flour mixture to the creamed sugar mixture. You will have a firm dough that is easy to handle.
- Depending on the size of the biscuit you’re after roll about a tablespoon of dough into a ball, place it on a greased baking sheet and flatten it a little bit with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden and cool on a wire rack.
If you fancy a vegan chocolate cookie check these out.