Ginger is one of our favourite flavours, and these Vegan Crystallised Ginger Biscuits use a combination of crystallised ginger and powdered ginger to create a lovely cookie. Soft, sweet with a hint of heat from the ginger.
Ginger is one of those Christmas flavours but we love them all year round. These are great – soft on the inside, crisp on the outside and with the great combination of sweet and a bit of heat from the ginger.
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Soya
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes per tray
Vegan Crystallised Ginger Biscuits
- July 24, 2020
- Print this
- 3 cups plain flour
- ¾ cup Pure Sunflower margarine (or any dairy free margarine)
- 1/3 cup Trex Vegetable Fat
- ½ cup chopped Crystallised Ginger
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 ½ cups Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tsp egg Orgran replacer whisked with 6 tbsp. water
- Step 1
- Preheat your oven to 170c 350F and grease a baking sheet
- Step 2
- Chop up the Crystallised Ginger into small pieces
- Step 3
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pinch of salt, ground ginger.
- Step 4
- Stir in the chopped ginger.
- Step 5
- Whisk the egg replacer and water until frothy, add to the flour mixture.
- Step 6
- Cream the margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Step 7
- Mix in the flour mixture to the creamed sugar mixture.You will have a firm dough that is easy to handle.
- Step 8
- Depending on the size of biscuit you’re after roll about a tablespoon of dough into a ball, place on a greased baking sheet and flatten a little bit with a fork.
- Step 9
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden and cool on a wire rack