These are lovely to look at and delicious to eat – Vegan Crinkle Chocolate Cookies are one of our favourites. Rich, cakey vegan cookies that are rolled in two types of sugar to get a great looking cracks that contrast between the white sugar and the dark chocolate. These are impressive looking vegan cookies, no need to tell anyone they are dairy and egg free. Just serve them and enjoy!
Free From: Dairy, Egg and Nuts
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 12-14 per cookie sheet Preheat the oven to 170°C
Vegan Cracked Chocolate Cookies
For Rolling the Cookies Before Baking
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Icing Sugar
For the Dough
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
- 1/3 Cup plus 2 tbsp Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips (melted)
- 1 3/4 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Spray or grease two baking sheets so they are ready to go.
- Put the two rolling sugars out on separate plates so you can roll them as soon as you finish the dough.
- Mix together the sugar, oil, golden syrup, vanilla, non-dairy milk, flax seeds and melted chocolate chips (melt in a metal bowl and place on a pan of boiling water)and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Then sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder and mix until you've a stiff dough.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough and shape it into a flatish ball.
- Roll first in the granulated sugar and then in the icing sugar - make sure you do this the right way around, otherwise you won't get the nice cracked effect.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack.
If you fancy something without chocolate – check our vegan lemon cookies.