Vegan Crepes are great, and not just on pancake day. We go traditional and sprinkle sugar and lemon juice on our Vegan Crepes. If you want, do go wild and throw some berries or chocolate on top instead.
Free From: Eggs, Dairy, Nuts
- February 26, 2020
- Print this
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1/3 cup dairy free milk (we use KoKo)
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp of Xanthan Gum if you have it, it's fine if you don't
- 2 tsp egg replacer plus 4 tbsp water whisked together
- Step 1
- Whisk the egg replacer and the water together until frothy
- Step 2
- Add in the sugar, salt and flour and Xanthan Gum. I know Xanthan Gum is usually used for Gluten Free baking as a binder – I find it help when replacing eggs when I need baked items to be a bit bendy.
- Step 3
- Whisk in the milk until you have a lump free batter ready to pour
- Step 4
- It will be quite runny – this is what you want so you get a thin crepe.
- Step 5
- Heat 1 tbsp dairy free margarine (I use Flora) in a frying pan until hot and sizzling a bit
- Step 6
- Quickly pour 1/3 cup of batter into the hot frying pan and dip the pan from side to side to let the batter spread.
- Step 7
- Cook for a few minutes, then flip onto the other side and cook until light brown.
- Step 8
- Serve with lemon and sugar, or strawberries, or blueberries or whipped vegan cream if you wish!
You can check out Vegan Whipped Cream Here.