Vegan Corn, Rice and Cheese Casserole is one of our families favourite recipes, cheap, easy and delicious. Of course you have to like sweetcorn! Serve with a side salad to complete the meal. The melted cheese on top is lovely and the Paprika adds a dash of colour and spice.
Free From: Dairy, Egg and Gluten
Preheat oven to 200°C 400°F, grease a casserole dish with dairy free margarine.
Vegan Corn Rice and Cheese Casserole
- April 16, 2020
- Print this
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 4 cups 'creamed corn' - whizz sweet corn with 2 tbsp of water per cup, and 1 tbsp of corn flour to create 'creamed sweetcorn'
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cups dairy free cheese - we use Violife
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp egg replacer, whisked with 2 tbsp of water
- Step 1
- Saute the chopped onion until coloured
- Step 2
- Add the sweetcorn to a food processor and whizz adding 2 tbsp of water and 1 tbsp of corn flour per cup of sweet corn. You will get a creamed corn consistency.
- Step 3
- Mix the cooked rice, with the creamed corn, all bar 1/2 cup of the dairy free cheese, and the onion along with the egg replacer whisked into the 2 tbsp of water
- Step 4
- Place in a greased casserole dish, top with the rest of the cheese and sprinkle on the Paprika
- Step 5
- Preheat the oven to 200°C 400°F and bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbling.
A nice dessert would be something simple like our Vegan Brownies.