We love adding cookies into vegan chocolate cupcakes – it just works so well. We use Oreo’s, despite the May Contain Milk warning as they have no milk in the ingredients. If you are avoiding any products with May Contain Milk then use one of the free from cookies you can find in supermarkets such as Tesco Free From Cookies and Cream biscuits (but they have a may contain nut warning…)
Back to the cupcakes! These really are nicer than just plain chocolate vegan cupcakes, somehow the added biscuit and creamy filling melt into the cake adding a depth to the flavour. Sometimes we go wild and use Mint Oreos instead. Top with Vegan Buttercream Frosting, with crushed Oreos mixed in and you’ve the perfect cupcake.
Preheat oven to 350°F or 177°C
Vegan Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
- December 6, 2019
- Print this
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 2/3rd cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sifted cocoa
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 crushed Oreo or other free from cookie
- 1 cup dairy free milk - we use Koko
- 6 tbps. melted non-dairy margarine - we use Vitalite
- Step 1
- Line your muffin tins and Preheat oven to 350°F or 177°C
- Step 2
- Sift flour, sugar, soda and cocoa into a bowl
- Step 3
- Then add vanilla, vinegar, and melted margarine.
- Step 4
- Then briefly mix with a spoon then pour in one cup non dairy milk and mix briefly until all ingredients are entirely moist. It makes quite a runny looking batter but don’t worry!
- Step 5
- Crush up the Oreo cookies with your fingers and mix into the batter with a wooden spoon. I can’t get on with basing with a rolling pin and plastic bag as it just makes a mess.
- Step 6
- Fill the cupcake lines about 2/3rds of the way up and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Step 7
- Cool in the tin and top with Vegan buttercream that has 8 smashed up Oreo cookies stirred in.
If you’re after a Gluten Free Vegan Cupcake, look no further!