It’s that time of year, and ice cream is the go to snack or dessert. This is a super easy vegan chocolate ice cream – no need for an ice cream maker. You can pop it in the freezer and ‘churn it’ (use a stiff spoon and give it a few good turns – a bit like when you fold ingredients together). Or use your ice cream maker if you have one. By melting some chocolate into the cream mixture you end up with a wonderfully rich dessert. The combination of Vegan Double Cream and Oatley Whipped Cream creates a slightly softer ice cream than using Coconut Cream.
Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 Cup Oatley Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Elmlea Plant Based Double Cream
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 100 grms Vegan Dark Chocolate
- Grab a large pot, and add all the ingredients bar the Vegan Chocolate together, whisk to combine.
- Gently heat, then add in the Vegan Dark Chocolate in small chunks
- Stir to melt, then put to one side to cool
- Either pop it into your ice cream maker to churn, or into a tub into your freezer. If churning manually then take the ice cream out of the freezer every half hour or so and mix using a folding motion briefly.
If you’re in the mood for sorbet – try our Pimm’s Sorbet – Dairy Free, and delicious.