How I love Vegan Cheesecake! I admit that my preference is for fruit cheesecakes of any type, however I’m surrounded by chocolate lovers. Therefore it was time to bend to the pressure and sort out a Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake recipe.
I love this one as it’s super simple, tastes delicious and doesn’t require baking. I decorated our Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake with chocolate chips and a dusting of cocoa powder. You could put Raspberries, or Blueberries on top if you prefer. Adding in a dollop of Vegan Whipped Cream just makes it that extra bit special!
Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
- March 12, 2020
- Print this
- For the base
- 2 cups smashed up Dairy Free Digestive Biscuits
- 4 tbsp melted dairy free margarine
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- For the Cheesecake Mixture
- 3 tubs, 600g dairy free cream cheese - We used Violife
- 10 oz of melted Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2/3rds cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Cocoa
- Step 1
- Start with the base for the cheesecake. Line a springform tin with bake proof paper and grease the sides.
- Step 2
- Crush up the Digestives, add in the sugar and mix in the melted margarine. Press into the tin and bake for 10 minutes. Leave to cool
- Step 3
- Fill a pot half way up with water and pop a metal bowl on top, break up the chocolate, put it in the bowl and melt over a low heat. Once melted put to one side
- Step 4
- For the cheesecake mixture whip the cream cheese until fluffy then add in the caster sugar and mix
- Step 5
- Add in the cornstarch, cocoa, and vanilla and mix in the melted chocolate until fully combined
- Step 6
- Pour on top of the crumb mixture and smooth out the top. Now put in the refrigerator to set for 3 to 4 hours.
- Step 7
- Add some Vegan Whipped Cream if you like, and decorate with Vegan Chocolate Chips or fruit.