How I love Vegan Cheesecake! I admit that my preference is for fruit cheesecakes of any type, however I’m surrounded by chocolate lovers. Therefore it was time to bend to the pressure and sort out a Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake recipe.
I love this one as it’s super simple, tastes delicious and doesn’t require baking. I decorated our Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake with chocolate chips and a dusting of cocoa powder. You could put Raspberries, or Blueberries on top if you prefer. Adding in a dollop of Vegan Whipped Cream just makes it that extra bit special!
Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 Cups Smashed Dairy-Free Digestive Biscuits
- 4 tbsp Melted Dairy-Free Margarine
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 3 Tubs 600g Dairy-Free Cream Cheese (we use Violife)
- 10 oz Melted Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 tbsp Cocoa
- Start with the base for the cheesecake. Line a springform tin with bake-proof paper and grease the sides.
- Crush up the Digestives, add in the sugar and mix in the melted margarine. Press into the tin and bake for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Fill a pot halfway up with water and pop a metal bowl on top, break up the chocolate, put it in the bowl and melt over low heat. Once melted put it to one side.
- For the cheesecake mixture whip the cream cheese until fluffy then add in the caster sugar and mix.
- Add in the cornstarch, cocoa, Coconut Cream, and vanilla and mix in the melted chocolate until fully combined.
- Pour on top of the crumb mixture and smooth out the top.
- Now put it in the refrigerator to set for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add some Vegan Whipped Cream if you like, and decorate with Vegan Chocolate Chips or fruit.