Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread is a great tea time snack. A fabulous way to use up overripe banana’s (they always seem to suddenly turn) its delicious as well. We added in chocolate chips and cocoa powder as we love the combination of banana and chocolate.
You could drizzle some dairy free caramel sauce on top to make a fab pudding.
I see pictures of people putting butter on banana bread, but I think this is taking the bread description too literally. Let’s face it…Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread is really a cake. A delicious cake, but cooking it in a loaf tin doesn’t make it a bread!
Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
- January 26, 2021
- Print this
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 medium ripe banana's
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2/3rds cup soft brown sugar (not packed down)
- 1/3 cup flavourless oil
- 1 tbsp vegan dark cocoa
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate drops or chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Step 1
- Mash up your banana’s and pop into a mixing bowl
- Step 2
- Add in the oil, brown sugar, vanilla and non -dairy milk and mix to combine gently
- Step 3
- In another bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and mix. Once combined mix in the vegan chocolate chips
- Step 4
- Quickly combine the flour and banana mixture. Don’t overmix or you may end up with a tough loaf
- Step 5
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake at 180°C 350°F for 50 – 55 minutes. It’s ready to come out when a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.