We love vegan cake, we love vegan brownies…so our Vegan Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake is a great combination of the two. Fudgy and delicious with a very rich chocolate taste. Easy to make, delicious to eat. The main difference with this recipe is the non-dairy milk content, which is higher than our other vegan brownies, but this makes a lovely gooey treat.
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Soya
Vegan Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake
- 9 oz Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1/2 Cup Mini Vegan Marshmallows
- 1/3 Cup Trex Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 Cup Pure Sunflower Margarine
- 1 1/2 Cups Caster Sugar
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Dairy-Free Milk
- Preheat your oven to 170°C, 340° F.
- Grease an 8 x 10 cake dish.
- Start off by grabbing a large bowl and placing it on top of a heavy-based pan filled 1/3 with water. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water and bring it to a gentle boil.
- Into the bowl add the chocolate (broken up into pieces), the margarine, the vegetable fat and marshmallows. The water should be brought up to simmering point. Melt everything slowly over the heat until you’ve a smooth sauce. Whisk if necessary to get rid of any lumps of marshmallows. This can take a good 10 minutes so don’t rush it. Once that is done, whisk the milk and vanilla into the chocolate mixture.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix briefly. Now pour the melted chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and mix. You'll have a glossy-looking batter now.
- Pour the mixture into the greased cake tin and cook for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- The middle of the brownie will sink when it comes out – that’s just fine. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into individual brownies before it’s completely cool.
If you want to check out some Vegan Chocolate Cookies look no further than here: