These are a fabulous spring cookie – fresh blueberries mixed with coconut in a lovely soft cookie. Simple to make, delicious to eat. You can make these without the Blueberries if you like – you’ll have a lovely crisp cookie packed with Coconut. By adding fruit you get great flavour, but the cookie does go soft. Also any baking with fruit needs eating quickly (oh the tragedy) as they don’t last. These Vegan Blueberry and Coconut cookies are the beginning of summer for us!
Vegan Blueberry and Coconut Cookies
- 3/4 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Paste
- 2 1/2 Cups Plain Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Dairy Free Margarine
- 1/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp Dairy Free Milk
- Preheat oven to 170℃, 350℉
- Cream the caster and brown sugar with the Dairy Free Margarine, add in the Vanilla and mix thoroughly. Mix in the Lemon Juice and Dairy Free Milk.
- In a large bowl mix the flour with the coconut, baking powder and baking soda
- Add the sugar margarine mixture to the flour and gently mix together. Once combined fully gently mix in the Blueberries.
- Using a tablespoon scoop up some dough and form into a flat circle, give the cookies a decent amount of space on the baking sheet as they do spread. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the tray, and then move to a wire rack.
If you like, you can use 1/2 cup of dried blueberries instead of fresh – you won’t get that lovely exploded affect, but they will be crisper.
If you fancy some citrus cookies just take a look here: