These are a lovely combination of flavours. We love mixing things up a bit, combining our Vegan Chocolate Cupcake recipe with a Vegan Banana Caramel Cupcake seemed a great idea! You can, of course, keep it simple and do the Banana Caramel Cupcake only. For the Vegan Caramel you can get our recipe here.
Free From: Dairy, Eggs, Nuts
Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F
Vegan Banana Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes
For Each Cupcake Type
- 1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 tbsp Melted Dairy-Free Margarine
- 1 Cup Dairy-Free Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- For the Banana cupcakes add 1 mashed ripe banana, another teaspoon of Vanilla and 1/4 cup vegan caramel
- For the chocolate cupcakes add 1/4 dark vegan cocoa
- Preheat your oven, and line your cupcake tin.
- I simply mixed the basic ingredients for both cupcakes together in one large bowl. So that's the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, apple cider vinegar, milk and 1 tsp of Vanilla and gave it a good mix. You can do them in separate bowls if you like, but if you do it the way I did then you need to remember to double the recipe.
- Then I divided the batter into two bowls and added the cocoa to one, and the banana, caramel and additional vanilla to the other.
- Now comes the slightly messy part. I filled the cupcake holder about 1/3 full with the Banana mixture, and then dribbled in the chocolate and topped up as needed to get to 2/3rds full. You will get about 15 good-sized cupcakes.