Vegan Baked Oats are a great breakfast, or snack. For sure they take longer than porridge to cook, but it’s worth it as the consistency of baked oats is so nice.
We’ve used Maple Syrup, so that this recipe is Vegan, not just dairy free. If you’re happy with honey then you can use that to sweeten the mixture instead. I’ve popped Raspberries into my breakfast, but blueberries, blackberries, apples and cinnamon, raisins – they’re all good additions. Just make the basic recipe and add the fruit and nuts you wish. Vegan Baked Oats are also a great, filling afternoon snack.
Vegan Baked Oats
- 1/3 Cup Oats
- 1/3 Mashed Banana
- 1 tbsp Non-Dairy Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 7 or 8 Berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
- 1/2 an Apple or 2 tbsp of Raisins
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Mix the oats, mashed banana, yoghurt, non-dairy milk and maple syrup together and add the apple or raisins.
- Put in a small oven-proof dish and top with berries.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C 375°F.
- With a few minutes to go, sprinkle the brown sugar on top so it melts.
Other Breakfast Ideas