We love a mild Thai Green Curry. Packed with bright green vegetables it’s full of flavour and goodness. You can add whatever vegetables you like, or have to hand. Anything from baby sweetcorn, to chopped aubergine. We stick to mushrooms, beans and sugar snap peas for our Thai Green Curry. We add chicken thighs when we fancy them, or just vegetables if we’re feeling like being meat free. If you want to make a vegetarian version replace the Fish Sauce with a sheet of crumpled Nori. You’ll get a similar taste.
You can use a jar of green curry paste if you like, but it tastes much nicer if you make your own. It’s not hard, and you can adjust the heat to your liking. Here’s our Green Curry Paste recipe.
This is perfect when served with Coconut Rice.
- June 29, 2020
- Print this
- One portion Green Curry Paste (see the link to our recipe)
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 4 tsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp caster or granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 lime leaves
- 350g/12oz skinned, boneless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Step 1
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add in the curry paste. Fry for a couple of minutes to dry it out
- Step 2
- Add the stock, coconut milk, and coconut cream. Mix together
- Step 3
- Add in the fish sauce, sugar and salt and stir
- Step 4
- Add in the Lime leaves and Lime Juice and bring to a simmer
- Step 5
- Add in the chicken (if using) and cook for 10 minutes
- Step 6
- Check that the chicken is cooked and then add in mushrooms and beans and cook for 5 more minutes
- Step 7
- Add in the sugar snap peas and cook for about 2 minutes so the peas are still crunchy
- Step 8
- Taste and adjust the seasoning – if you want it a bit saltier then add in more fish sauce. The sauce will be quite runny – it’s not a thick curry sauce.
- Step 9
- Serve with Coconut Rice or plain boiled rice if you prefer. You could also add in quick cook rice noodles if you prefer.