This Sweet Potato and Butternut Puree is a lovely addition to any meal – creamy (without cream – natch), sweet and colourful. It does take a bit a time as there is boiling and mashing involved but it is worth it to produce a lovely side dish to any meal. The ginger adds a nice kick of spice and the apple provides the sweetness.
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Soya, and Gluten – use gluten free breadcrumbs
Preheat Oven to 180°C 350°F
Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash Puree
- April 2, 2019
- Print this
- 1 large sweet potato diced – 440g
- ½ butternut squash diced – 440g
- 1 large Bramley apple diced – 140g
- 480 ml water or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh grated Ginger, or ½ tsp ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (or wheat bread crumbs if you can eat gluten)
- Step 1
- Add the diced sweet potato, butternut squash and apple to a saucepan with the water and bring to the boil.
- Step 2
- Then cook on a medium heat for about 20 minutes or until the squash and potato are cooked.
- Step 3
- Drain – add the Ginger, Maple Syrup and salt.
- Step 4
- Pop it all into a food processor and puree in small batches until smooth