We don’t do a lot of nut recipes on the site, largely because I’m allergic to them. However, Molly isn’t allergic so she eats nuts as they are such a good source of protein. These are sugared almonds – quick to make, simple and great added to porridge or chia pudding. They are also a lovely treat just to eat on their own. Sugared almonds take about 5 minutes to cook, a few minutes to cool and then you’re away!
- October 26, 2020
- Print this
- 1 cup plain almonds
- 3 heaped tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp non-dairy butter
- Step 1
- Get a small, non stick frying pan and melt the dairy free butter in it over a low heat
- Step 2
- Add in the Almonds, sugar and maple syrup
- Step 3
- Heat slowly so that the sugar melts, stirring as the sugar melts. Do this slowly so you end up with glistening almonds covered in a lovely brown sugar mixture
- Step 4
- Pour out onto greaseproof paper and allow to cool. If you want separate nuts then do spread them out – otherwise you have a big chunk of nuts which you need to break apart. Nothing wrong with that if that’s what you want!