Spinach and Tofu Pasta is a great mid week meal. This sauce is super easy to make and tastes delicious. It’s also a quick recipe (no slow cooking like Bolognese) so it’s perfect for when you’re in a rush. The amount of chilli is up to you – I go for 1/2 a Red Chilli but you can pop a whole one in if you prefer. Whatever you do, don’t used salted cashews. That will ruin the dish – most supermarkets have unsalted cashews available these days.
We’ve added in both Silken Tofu and Cashew Nuts so it’s a decent protein content in our Spinach and Tofu Pasta. Do make sure you buy Silken Tofu – the firm stuff will be much harder to get into a smooth sauce and will be a bit grainy.
Spinach and Tofu Pasta
- 4 Cups Spinach
- 2/3 Cup Silkin Tofu
- 1/3 Cup Unsalted Cashew Nuts
- 2/3 Cup Vegan Parmesan We use Violife
- 1/2 Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Red Chilli Chopped finely
- 1/2 Onion - finely chopped
- A bit of the water from the pasta to loosen the sauce
- Fry the onion and the chilli in a little oil until the onion is translucent.
- In a food processer whiz the cashews, tofu, spinach, onion and chilli, along with the lemon juice and the vegan parmesan until you have a smooth paste.
- Pop your pasta on, and cook the the appropriate amount of time. 5 minutes before the pasta is cooked, move the sauce into a pan and heat gently on the stove. Taste, and add in a bit more lemon juice if you like. Add in salt and pepper according to taste.
- When the pasta is cooked, add a couple of tablespoons of the cooking liquid to the sauce just to loosen it up a bit.
- Stir the sauce into the drained pasta and serve.
Here are some other pasta dishes to try: