Simple summer food, but with a bit of spice added. Every BBQ has Potato Salad…and yes there are lots of nice versions with a vinaigrette, or with gherkins or capers. Now I love gherkins, but not in my Potato Salad. I also love parsley…but not in my Potato Salad. I admit – for me, Potato Salad needs mayo – and there are so many good Vegan Mayo’s options these days that it’s pretty simple to substitute. I like my Potato Salad to be a bit spicy – so we’ve added in Smoked Paprika along with Dijon Mustard to the mayonnaise.
Spicy Vegan Potato Salad
- 1.5 lbs New Potato's
- 1 Cup Vegan Mayonnaise Veganise is good.
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Pepper
- 3 Chopped Shallots Or any onion you have
- Wash cut into quarters, and boil the new potatoes for about 15 minutes. They should, IMO, be a bit firm. I hate it when they disintegrate at the edges. Allow to cool completely.
- Mix all the other ingredients together, and check the seasoning. If you want a bit more Paprika add in another teaspoon. Once you've a lovely mayonnaise carefully fold the mayonnaise mixture with the potatoes. That's a gentle mix.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavours to develop.
It’s always great to have baked goods at a BBQ – our Vegan Fudgy Brownies are perfect.