We love slow cooked BBQ ribs, it takes some time to do but it’s worth it for the fall off the bone ribs that you get as a result. The roasting stage is at the end, when the ribs are glazed, but up to that point they are cooked slow and low in water, covered with silver foil to lock the steam in. Once the meat is cooked, then you slather them in BBQ sauce and roast for 20-25 minutes on a high heat (a good 200°C, 400°F).
Slow Cooked BBQ Ribs
- April 16, 2020
- Print this
- Depending on how hungry you are either a half or full rack of ribs per person. Do not get individual ribs as they will dry out
- 1 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 onion chopped up
- 2 tbsp Worchester sauce
- 20 shakes of Tabasco Sauce - to taste
- Salt and Pepper
- Step 1
- Place the ribs in a roasting dish filled with water
- Step 2
- Cover and seal with silver foil
- Step 3
- Cook at 160°C 320°F for two hours – don’t disturb them
- Step 4
- Make the sauce while the ribs are cooking by mixing all the ingredients together – adjust the amount of Tabasco to taste
- Step 5
- After two hours take the ribs out, drain them and slather the sauce on them
- Step 6
- Increase the heat to 200°C 400°F and roast for 20-25 minutes until the sauce is glistening.
Nice to finish the meal off with some brownies.