This is a lovely recipe, like most casserole dishes the Slow Cooked Orange and Ginger Beef is great the next day once the flavours have developed. You can put the marinade together and leave the beef in for the day and set off the slow cooker for 6-8 hours, or pop in the oven for 3 hours until it’s falling apart beautifully. Do use a nice cheap cut of beef – like Ox Cheek or Beef Shin, if you use a more expensive cut it will be dry. We love Slow Cooked Orange and Ginger Beef with Rice and Greens.
Orange and Ginger Beef
- 800 Grms Beef Shin or Ox Cheek cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 Inches Fresh Ginger - peeled and grated
- 3 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Chilli
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Cups Orange Juice
- Cut the meat up into cubes.
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients
- Marinade the beef for as long as you can, overnight, or for a few hours.
- Cook at 140°C 280℉ for 3-3.5 hours until the meat is soft and delicious
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes depending on your preference.
Some other lovely recipes: