We call this ‘Friday Chicken’ in our house. That’s because our Slow Cooked Chicken, Chorizo and Mushroom casserole was put together for Friday nights when I was standing for hours beside the net ball court. We wanted something warm and comforting to come home to. Chorizo and Chicken is an lovely combination – add in a bit of Paprika and it’s perfect. This is also wonderful the next day heated up.
This is simple to put together, and wonderful to eat. After a long time in a slow cooker, or the oven, the chicken is super tender and delicious – serve Slow Cooked Chicken Chorizo and Mushroom with rice and greens.
Slow Cooked Chicken Chorizo and Mushroom
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 120 Grms Chorizo
- 1/2 Onion - diced
- 200 Grms Diced Mushrooms
- 3 Cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1 Cup Dairy Free Cream
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan and brown the Chicken thighs and place to one side.
- In the same pan fry the Onion, Garlic. Add the Chorizo and fry until the oil if released. For the last minute add the Paprika.
- Empty the contents of the pan into the casserole, add the Chicken,
- Add in the Mushrooms, White Wine and Dairy Free Cream.
- Cook in the oven for 2 hours at 140℃, 280℉, or put in a slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
Other lovely slow cooked recipes: