So this is when my Canadian roots start to show – Roasted Maple Sweet Potatoes are one of our favourite ways to have this fabulous potato. They taste delicious, look wonderful and are a nice change from normal spuds.
Maple syrup is the essence of Canada and it’s not just for pancakes (why in the world anyone would put Golden Syrup on pancakes is beyond me) it’s great in muffins and cupcakes as well.
If you fancy some baking with Maple Syrup you can look at our Maple Pineapple Cupcakes.
Roasted Maple Sweet Potatoes
- September 28, 2020
- Print this
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato per person (okay, that may be a bit much for most families but we love them)
- 1 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup per potato
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 200°C 400°F
- Step 2
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into small pieces, about an inch
- Step 3
- Pop a bit of olive oil on you pan and put in the oven so it’s hot when the sweet potatoes hit it
- Step 4
- Toss the sweet potatoes in the maple syrup and put on the hot pan
- Step 5
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until caramelized – turn about half way through.