Roast Peppers with Pesto, Basila and Anchovies is one of our favourite starters, side type dishes. It goes with lots of things – tapas, grilled meats, some hummus and flatbreads. A really simple starter that’s easy to do and works well at room temperature as well as hot out of the oven. If you want to make this Vegan then make sure you use Dairy Free Pesto, and omit the Anchovies. We do the Vegan version on the time and it’s lovely.
Roast Peppers with Pesto and Anchovies
- March 16, 2020
- Print this
- Half a Red Pepper Per Person
- One or two Cherry Tomatoes per half Pepper depending on the size of your Peppers
- 2 leaf fresh Basil per Half Pepper
- 1 tsp Dairy Free Pesto Per Half Pepper
- 1 Anchovy Per Half Pepper
- Step 1
- Preheat the Oven to 180°C 350°F
- Step 2
- Cut the Peppers in half so you have ‘boats’ – do not top and tail them!
- Step 3
- Cut the Cherry Tomatoes in two and pop them skin side down in the Pepper Boat
- Step 4
- Add in the Pesto, Anchovy and Basil
- Step 5
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and roast for 35-40 until the edges are nicely browned.