Jackfruit seems to be all the rage at the moment, and after trying it I can understand why. It’s great in Tacos, as a vegan replacement for Chicken. Using Pulled Spicy Jackfruit as a base, and loading up with spicy beans, vegan cheese, cucumber salsa, shredded lettuce makes a great dinner.
Pulled Spicy Jackfruit is easy to do, and you can increase the spice with a bit of Tabasco sauce if you want a bit of heat.
Spicy Pulled Jackfruit
- August 23, 2020
- Print this
- 200 g Jackfruit - tinned or vacuum packed
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp water
- If you wish add in 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- Step 1
- Heat 1 tbsp of Olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until slightly brown
- Step 2
- Add the jackfruit, spices, garlic, maple syrup and water
- Step 3
- Cook on a low heat for about 15 minutes
- Step 4
- Shred the Jackfruit with two forks, and simmer for 5 more minutes
- Step 5
- This is great with Tacos’ or wraps. Just add vegan cheese, salsa, shredded lettuce, spicy beans and you’ve a great vegan meal.