Sometimes the traditional combinations are a nice comfortable choice. Pork chops with caramelised apples is a great dairy free supper. It’s quick, it’s easy and a great way to cook pork chops. Sweet, soft apples marry with the meat really well.
Again, this is a super simple recipe to do so perfect for midweek dinner.
It’s lovely with sautéed potatoes
Any sort of green veg would be good with this – we love Kale.
Pork and Caramelised Apples
- 4 Pork Chops Get chops that are a similar thickness so they cook evenly
- 2 Apples - Sliced
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Dairy Free butter
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Ground Ginger
- A bit of oil, to wipe the chops, and for the pan.
- Take the pork chops out of the fridge around 30 minutes before cooking. Wipe with a bit of oil, season with salt and pepper and leave to come up to room temperature.
- Peel and slice your apples.
- Mix the flour and ginger together on a plate, dry the chops, and dredge the pork chops
- Heat a tablespoon or so of oil in a heavy frying pan, until it's hot, and pop the chops into the pan. It should sizzle. You are browning the chops which will take about 3 minutes. Turn, add the apple cider vinegar, and cover.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, if you have a meat thermometer, then check the internal temp is 145°F, 62°C. Cover and leave to rest off the heat for 5 minutes.
- While the chops rest, heat the vegan butter in a frying pan until it's sizzling, add the apples slices, sprinkle the brown sugar and fry the apple until you've lovely slices of apple covered in butter and sugar, with dark edges. Serve with sautéed potatoes and kale.