Pasta Bolognese is a firm family favourite. Easy to make, delicious and always dairy free so a good choice for us. Simple to make gluten free as well – that’s down to your choice of pasta and Worcestershire Sauce. We still think that the Sainsbury’s gluten free pasta is the best out there.
So here is our family recipe for Pasta Bolognese. To be honest, it’s my husbands recipe. I hate Marmite and never would have added it in – but I have to say, it does make the difference between a ‘nice’ Bolognese and a ‘wow that’s yummy’ Bolognese.
- May 6, 2020
- Print this
- 3 packs of beef mince (1.5kg)
- 2 Tins chopped tomatoes
- 3 small onions, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 heaped tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 tsp marmite
- Glug of olive oil
- Step 1
- Grab a nice large, deep pan and put it on a medium heat.
- Step 2
- Add a glug of olive oil, and the chopped onions and garlic. Fry until soft but not browned.
- Step 3
- Brown the meat in the same pot, this takes a bit of time.
- Step 4
- Add in all of the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Step 5
- Leave to burble away for as long as you can, a good hour is necessary to get depth of flavour, but my husband has been known to leave it bubbling away for 2 hours.
- Step 6
- Find someone you love to taste it, and add a splash of worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt etc as advised.
- Step 7
- Serve with your choice of pasta, or use for Lasagne.
If you’re looking for a dairy free Lasagne take a look at our recipe.