Overnight oats are great to have in the fridge. They are a fab base for breakfast and a good healthy snack if you’re hungry. We’ve gone for Raspberries because they are one of our favourite fruits, but do use Strawberries, Blueberries, stewed Rhubarb, cooked apples – anything that takes your fancy.
Overnight Oats are such a great way to start the day as they really do fill you up. We’re rather nut free, but if you wanted you could use Almond milk, top with chopped Almonds to get added protein. For this version we think the coconut adds enough sweetness, but do top it with some Maple Syrup if you like.
Using live yoghurt also gives a boost to gut health, the plain yogurt means that you aren’t getting a lot of added sugars which is a good thing, especially if you have allergies. Gut health is increasingly in the news, and something we all need to think about with our diets.
- September 8, 2020
- Print this
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup plain coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (if you want a thicker mixture just use yoghurt)
- 2 tablespoons dessicated coconut
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries or any fruit you like
- Step 1
- Mix the oats with the milk and yoghurt
- Step 2
- Mix in the dessicated coconut and fruit
- Step 3
- Pop in a tupperware and place in the fridge overnight
- Step 4
- Top your portion with more fruit, some raisins, nuts, maple syrup – whatever you like!