A Nutty Hummus Topping is a great way to add a nice crunch to hummus, as well as some wonderful flavours. Its super easy to make – after toasting the nuts and spices you just throw them in a food processor and whiz until you’ve got the desired consistency. I think its best chunky, my advice is to use the pulse function on your processor so you don’t end up with nutty dust.
Pop this on Hummus, or White Bean Hummus so a bit of added flavour and texture.
Nutty Hummus Topping
- 1/3 Cup Hazelnuts
- 5 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 4 Tbsp Pistachios
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne or Chilli Powder
- Measure everything out so you have it ready. Nuts burn really quickly so you mustn't leave them while you faff about measuring out the spices.
- Grab a frying pan and pop it on a medium heat. Toast the nuts for a few minutes - don't leave their side, you are only looking for a bit of colour. Add in the Sesame Seeds for a minute or two.
- Add all the spices to the pan and stir for a moment then take off the heat.
- Pulse it all in a food processor until you've a chunky mix that you can use to jazz up hummus.
This is a great topping on any of these Hummus’s