We’re big soup eaters in our house, and we love this version of Mushroom Paprika Soup. A lovely Vegan Mushroom Soup with a touch of Paprika and Red Wine to add depth. We stuck with Soya Cream for this recipe, as coconut cream is a bit sweet sometimes.
Vegan Creamy Mushroom Paprika Soup
- 420 ml Alpro Soya Cream
- 120 ml Vegetable Stock
- 400 g Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 heaped tbsp Vegan Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Red Wine
- Slice the mushrooms roughly and fry in a bit of dairy-free margarine.
- Add in the garlic and paprika and stir.
- Move the Mushroom mixture into a pot, and add the dairy-free cream and vegetable stock.
- Let it bubble away for about 10 minutes then add in the Parsley.
- Now either use a hand processor, or a food processor and puree about half the mixture - leave the rest as it is so you get nice chunks of Mushroom.
- Return it all to the pan, and stir in the cream cheese and the red wine. Let it bubble away for about 10 minutes to develop the flavours. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
If you fancy some homemade bread with your soup, Vegan Soda Bread is super easy.