Lamb Kofta’s are lovely – great mid-week super as you can make the mix quickly and cook them up when you get home. Just shape and either grill or pan fry.
In large pan fry the Kofta’s for about 10 minutes until cooked through and browned. You can tell they are cooked because they become firm to the touch – however, if you want to be careful then grab a meat thermometer and check that the internal temperature is 165°F, 74°C. Lamb Kofta’s can be grilled as well, but I find they are a bit dryer than the fried version.
If you don’t fancy bread, then serve the kofta’s on a bed of rice. You can make these with chicken mince, or beef mince as well.
This garlic sauce is super easy to make and is perfect with Lamb Kofta’s.
- 1000 g Lamb Mince
- 1/2 tsp Mild Chilli (go hotter if you wish)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3 tbsp Roasted Pine Nuts (just pop them in a pan for a few minutes)
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic (grated)
- 2 Heaped tsp Cumin
- 1/4 Onion (grated)
- 2 Heaped tbsp Chopped Fresh Coriander
- 1/2 Lemon Zest
- In a dry pan quickly fry the pine nuts til browned.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Sprinkle the spices across the mince to spread them out so you don't have to mix too much. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape into balls, or form into a kebab shape.
- Grill on high, or fry in a little oil for 10 minutes until cooked through - you can use a thermometer to check. The internal temp should be 165°F, 74°C.
- Serve with hummus, flatbreads and garlic sauce for a fab super.