Gluten Free and Vegan cake? Yes. With a great deal of chocolate…these are really lovely gluten free cupcakes. Top them with vegan buttercream frosting and drop chocolate chips on top for the final flourish.
Gluten Free, Vegan Double Chocolate Cupcakes
- March 25, 2019
- Print this
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising gluten free flour - I used Dove's Farm
- 1 cup cup granulated or caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I used Sainsbury's)
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp chocolate essence (you can do without this - I think it adds some depth of flavour)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 6 tbs melted Pure Sunflower margarine or any vegan margarine
- 1 cup Koko milk or non-dairy milk
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- Step 1
- Line your muffin tins and preheat your oven.
- Step 2
- Sift flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, Xanthan Gum and cocoa into a bowl. Do always sift your cocoa – otherwise you end up with lumps everywhere.
- Step 3
- Then add vanilla, chocolate essence, vinegar, and melted margarine. Mix together until combined.
- Step 4
- Finally pour in the dairy free milk and mix briefly until all ingredients are entirely moist.
- Step 5
- Finally stir in the chocolate chips carefully
- Step 6
- Now fill the cupcakes holders about 2/3rds of the way up and bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Step 7
- Then you leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Step 8
- Top with Vegan Buttercream Frosting and drop a few chocolate chips on top!