Gluten Free and Vegan cake? Yes. With a great deal of chocolate…these are really lovely gluten free cupcakes. Top them with vegan buttercream frosting and drop chocolate chips on top for the final flourish.
Gluten Free and Vegan Double Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 Cup Self Raising Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Cup Granulated or Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa
- 1 tsp Chocolate Essence
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cider Vinegar
- 6 tsp Melted Vegan Margarine
- 1 Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- Line your muffin tins and preheat your oven to 350° F or 177° C.
- Sift flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, Xanthan Gum and cocoa into a bowl. Do always sift your cocoa – otherwise you end up with lumps everywhere.
- Then add vanilla, chocolate essence, vinegar, and melted margarine. Mix together until combined.
- Finally pour in the dairy-free milk and mix briefly until all ingredients are entirely moist.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips carefully.
- Now fill the cupcakes holders about 2/3rds of the way up and bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Then leave it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Top with Vegan Buttercream Frosting and drop a few chocolate chips on top!
If you’re after other Gluten Free Snacks take a look at our Flapjacks