These are a great vegan cupcake, full of cinnamon and the banana helps to bind together the gluten free flour. The cinnamon sugar sprinkled in the middle makes for a nice sweet addition.
Do add the cinnamon sugar in the middle of the cupcake. It only takes a few minutes and it really does give them an extra burst of flavour. I’ve used edible glitter spray on them to make them glisten and glimmer for the holiday season!
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soya
Gluten Free, Vegan Cinnamon Cupcakes
- March 25, 2019
- Print this
- 250 ml Koko Coconut milk (or any non-dairy, soya free milk)
- 5 ml apple cider
- 200 g plain gluten free flour
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum
- 250 ml Caster Sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 80 ml Dairy Free Margarine – I use Pure Sunflower Margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ ripe banana – mashed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Cinnamon Sugar – 1/8 cup brown sugar plus 2 tsp cinnamon
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350°F, 170°C
- Step 2
- Line muffin tin with cupcake holders.’Add the apple cider vinegar to the milk and put to one side.
- Step 3
- Cream the sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix to incorporate.
- Step 4
- Then add in the mashed banana.
- Step 5
- Sift in the flour and Xanthan Gum and mix.
- Step 6
- Slowly add in the milk mixture until you have a smooth batter.
- Step 7
- Fill the muffin cases up to about ½ full and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Top with another dollop of batter so that the sugar is covered.
- Step 8
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then on a wire rack.
- Step 9
- Top with buttercream icing with 2 tsp of cinnamon added to the mix.