Ginger Beef Fried Rice is a great supper – one of those dishes where you get everything in one pot so it’s simple to pull together. No messing about with other pots cooking the vegetables – everything you need for a tasty dinner is all together in your Wok (or frying pan). This is a classic combination of beef and ginger, hard to go wrong. You can spice it up with more ginger and chilli if you like, we tend to go for the mild side of spices.
I do love the ease of this type of dish – if you don’t want to mix the rice in, you could serve the beef mixture on top of rice. I prefer it mixed in, but it’s up to you.
If you fancy a vegan rice dish – check out our Corn Rice and Vegan Cheese Casserole.
Ginger Beef Fried Rice
- April 30, 2021
- Print this
- 500g Beef Mince
- 3 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 3 tbsp Peas
- 200g Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cabbage, chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, sliced
- 1/2 Red Chilli, diced
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Mirin
- 2 Tbsp Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pack of Tofu, drained and cubed
- Step 1
- First off cook the rice, drain, and put to one side to cool. Just over a cup of uncooked rice should give you about 3 1/2 cups of cooked rice
- Step 2
- I use a Wok, but a large heavy based frying pan works too!. Add a bit of oil to the Wok and fry the onion, garlic, chilli, and ginger for a few minutes to soften. Take out and set to one side
- Step 3
- Stir together the Soya Sauce, Shaoxing Wine and Mirin in a small bowl and have it by the side of the oven
- Step 4
- Add a bit more oil to the Wok, and fry the Beef until it starts to brown. Add in the peas, mushrooms and cabbage and continue to fry. Let any water evaporate/or spoon it out of the pan to ensure that the Beef is dry, not soggy
- Step 5
- Add the onion mixture back into the Wok and mix
- Step 6
- Add in the cold rice (break it up with a fork so you don’t get too many lumps) and pour the mix of sauces overtop. Mix well but gently – don’t smush up the rice
- Step 7
- Add the cubed Tofu into the mix and stir gently to combine and heat through (somewhere around five minutes should be enough). Serve immediately.