Turning plain old rice into an Easy Pilaf is a wonderous thing. Sure it takes a bit more time, but it’s worth it especially as it’s not terribly difficult. Its all about adding a bit of spice to a plain food. We love this Pilaf, the Cinnamon doesn’t overwhelm.
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Nuts, Gluten
- February 25, 2020
- Print this
- 400g Basmati Rice
- 500m Vegetable Stock
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 100 g Raisins
- Zest and Juice of 1 large Orange
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Step 1
- In a large casserole dish fry the chopped Onion is a little oil until it begins to colour
- Step 2
- Add in the Cinnamon, Paprika and stir
- Step 3
- Add in the Rice and cook for 1 minute until translucent
- Step 4
- Add in the Orange Zest, Raisins and the juice from the zested orange (I zest the Orange while whole, then cut in half and squeeze the juice in the pan)
- Step 5
- Pour in the stock, give it a quick stir
- Step 6
- Cover and put in the oven for 30 minutes. Check part way through and add a bit of water if needed. Flake with a fork before serving.
It’s lovely served with lamb or chicken.